Pages

Sunday, 10 May 2015

april '15 favourites


Tsk tsk, sorry for my absence but... I've flown the nest! It completely knocked me out of routine but I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. I'm not going to go into detail but I'm in the process of moving to a new city for more job/career opportunities and a bit of an adventure. I moved in with my friend (3 hours from my hometown) who lives an hour away from Bristol (our destination) and we are in the process of job/house hunting at the moment. Exciting stuff! 

Moving swiftly on, I thought it was about time I shared with you my April favourites. I haven't used too many different products this month but here goes...

First of all, I'm loving the COLAB dry shampoo by Ruth Crilly. It is insivible when you spray it straight on the the hair, which is brilliant because I have dark hair and the usual white spray you get with other brands doesnt always fully rub in. I love Batiste but after the second day of use, you can see the build up on my hair. Not flattering. I LOVE the fragrance of this one and the one with the black cap, which I prefere but i plan on trying out all the scents in the line.

Next up, skincare! I have used the SUPERDRUG VITAMIN E INTENSE MOITSURE CREAM in the past but I diverted to try out other moisturisers but why I did that I don't know because my skin loves is one so much, it is like I'm giving my skin a good drink. The formula is not too heavy despite it being 'intense', and I find that it sinks into the skin quite fast. Talking of moisturising, the SUPERDRUG ALOE LIP CARE is quite possibly the best lip balm (or more like treatment) I have ever tried. It is a gel like formula and doesn't really sink it to your lips enough to allow you to put lipstick or lipgloss over the top so I would definitely recommend you apply it before bed maybe. Having said this, it feels like it really gets down into the layers of skin leaving super soft and chapped free lips. 

I picked up the LASTING FINISH foundation by Rimmel whilst in search for a higher coverage foundation. Higher coverage foundations that I have tried in past seem to be very drying and cakey on my skin for some reason but this one is none of those things. There is a serum in the formula, which helps it to glide across this skin and prevent it from clinging those pesky dry patches whilst feeling comfortable and weightless. The finish is matt and stays put all day so there is no need for a setting powder unless perhaps you're really oily. 

I found these SWING EARRINGS on ASOS and they are soooo pretty. I've wanted a pair of these for a while but I can be quite picky with my jewellery at times and never really found a style that caught my eye. They are very dainty and elegant and I can see these being the only earrings that I'll wear for the next few months! 

For music I have have been non-stop listening to LONDON GRAMMAR, for real. I heard of them a couple of years ago but never properly explored their music. I recently got Spotify (yes I'm late to the game, please don't judge I have my reasons) and played their album right through and loved them so much that I just let it run on repeat. They're an electronic pop band and so chilling to listen to. My favourites are Nightcall, Strong, Sights and Hey Now but they are all brilliant! 

So that's it for my monthly favorites. Have you tried out any of these things? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a happy May! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment