Pages

Sunday, 25 January 2015

My Current Base Make Up Routine




After a lot of experimentation with different products over the years, I have finally found some of my favourite base products. Of course I still like to try out new things but I always tend to go back to these.

I like to start off my routine with the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer because it helps to keep my make up in place all day. I definitely notice a significant difference when I skip the primer when I'm in a rush. With it I am less oily around my nose by the end of the day and my foundation doesn't get patchy.

Next I use the Benefit The POREfessional PRO Balm around my nose and chin areas. It minimises the appearance of pores and it really does work! When my travel sized one runs out I am off to get myself the full sized version!

After that I apply the L'Oreal True Match Foundation (N2 Vanilla) with a Beauty Blender (which I didn't include it in the picture because it's dirty and gross). I used this foundation years ago but for some reason I stopped using it and I don't know why!!! It's my favourite foundation out of all the ones I've tried and I've tried m-a-n-y. It's very natural looking and and so easy to blend. They have a wide selection of shades so you're bound to find a colour suited to your skin tone.

Next up is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (020 True Ivory). I use this under my eyes and I feel like it really helps to brighten up the area. It isn't too thick and heavy so it blends really well yet it covers my dark circles better than a lot of other drugstore concealers that I have tried. Definitely my go to concealer!

I haven't tried many bronzers since I started wearing make up because I was always so worried that I'd look like a tangerine as I found many of them to be very orange in colour or too dark for my skin tone. This L'Oreal Glam Bronze (00 Blonde Sun) is perfect for paler skin because it's very light in colour and without that orange tinge. It is my go to 'winter' bronzer when my skin is paler than in the summertime, which is when I like to use my Rimmel Sunshimmer Bronzer (Medium Matte).

And last but not least, I go in with the NYX Blush in Angel. It's a light peachy pink colour, which is nice and subtle yet also buildable. Recently, I haven't been big on the blush so this one is perfect to add a light flush to the cheeks.

Have you tired any of these products before? What are your 'go to' base products?

No comments:

Post a Comment